Stop Suppressing Anger, It’s Hurting You Sis
You can’t escape your emotions no matter how hard you try. That said, suppressing your anger isn’t always a bad thing. However, if you’re suppressing your anger habitually it can have a damaging effect on your mental and physical well-being and your relationships.
I often talk about how emotions show up in our bodies in different ways. Let me just say, anger is not an emotion you want to be trapped in your body. In this episode, I go over many ways to release anger. One way is through reiki, which is a form of relaxation that helps you to reflect on your emotional state. It also can be used to bring up hidden aspects of yourself that you have been unaware of, but need attention.
I hella love using Reiki as a method to heal myself and others and can attest to my own breakthroughs. As a certified reiki master, I’ve gone through extensive training in this Japanese form of stress reduction and relaxation. If you’re interested in learning more about Reiki or booking a Reiki session with me click here.
Info You Hella Want to Catch:
- Why you may be suppressing anger (some reasons may shock you)
- What happens when you do suppress anger
- The dangers
- How suppressed anger shows up in the body
- Anger and work
- Signs to look for that you may be suppressing anger unintentionally
- How to release anger in a healthy way
- What is your anger trying to tell you about yourself? Is it calling you to do better, or is it inviting you to practice compassion?
- What would it feel or look like to release your suppressed anger?
- The last time I withheld my anger it caused a problem by…
- Write a letter to your anger, telling it everything
- R.A.I.N. Method – Get a full description of the steps of RAIN and a free printable guide from Tara Brach.
- Therapy for Black Girls – An online space dedicated to encouraging the mental wellness of Black women and girls.
- EFT Tapping – Tapping is also known as EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). It is a powerful holistic healing technique
- TRE Method – Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises (or TRE®) is an innovative series of exercises that assist the body in releasing deep muscular patterns of stress, tension, and trauma.