Build and Maintain a Healthy Circle of Friends
Creating a solid circle of friends as a kid felt so much easier. There were these unspoken rules that everyone lived by and you generally knew where you stood with a friend. Or you at least felt comfortable confronting them if something felt off.
So why is making and keeping friends so much harder as an adult? You’ll learn from my guest, Cathy Council, that making friends as an adult doesn’t have to be hard. In today’s episode we’ll discuss:
- Why your circle of friends is vital to your own growth
- How to adjust to the changes in your friendships
- Friendships as living relationships constantly evolving
- Breaking up with friends
- Toxic friendships
About Cathy Council – Cathy is a certified life coach certified business relationship manager who focuses on helping ambitious women to achieve their goals through the unique lens of building strategic relationships that support, promote, and celebrates who they are now. What I love the most about Cathy is her belief that the people you choose to be in your circle of friends should reflect the best of who you were, who you are now, who you are becoming.
Cathy leverages her 25+ years of Corporate leadership and experience to help women achieve goals by connecting and empowering women through the creation of their V.I.P. Circle for networking, leadership opportunities, professional and personal development. A visionary thinker, Cathy helps women imagine a future they can create while inspiring others to reach new heights.
- What makes a good friend? And when is it challenging to be a good friend? How do you handle those situations?
- How do you show up emotionally when there is a conflict with a friend?
- Are you willing to let your friends know when you need something? Why or why not?
- When was the last time you used your words to build a friend up and celebrate her for the unique gift she is to the world? How can you do that going forward?