Rise of the Travel Pod
People are desperately craving to get out of isolation and ways to connect with family and friends. As the holidays are fast approaching and the pandemic doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon, the travel pod is trending as a new way to travel.
What is a travel pod?
A travel pod also called a vacation pod, is when two or more households (couples, families, or friends) decided to travel together in hopes of minimizing coming in contact with unknown travelers and the risks typically associated with group travel.
Communication and values are probably the most important thing to consider when putting together a pod. However, the first thing you need to determine is if traveling is right for you at this moment. I encourage you to check out our recent podcast with Dr. Yvetter McQueen on traveling during a pandemic.
Info You Hella Want to Catch
- Who shouldn’t be in your travel pod
- Creating a plan and what to consider
- How to select your destination
- Best practices
- Plan B (as you’ll need one)
Each week I’ll provide you with journal prompts to allow you to go deeper.
- What are my pandemic safety values?
- What are my ideal travel style and my deal breakers in terms of travel styles and personalities?
- Describe how it would feel to safely travel with family or friends and in what ways could this bring me joy